I've recently been hitting the foundation jackpot with all these wonderful [and natural ] foundations. Next on my list is Premae Skincares MM foundation, the MM stands for Mattifying Mousse. I haven't tried a mousse foundation since the dark days of using the Maybeline some years back. MM foundation is nothing like that, it's more of a whipped/smoothie type texture and it comes in 16! shades all named after super foods [fun fact] Premae is an award winning brand known for its allergen free skincare, so I had high hopes for the MM foundation and it didn't disappoint.
I was initially concerned about the colours I was sent as they seemed a little light for me, however after trying 13 sweet date I was pleasantly surprised buy how well it actually fit me. It blends in flawlessly, with a slight yellow undertone which I find hard to find usually [but is actually the undertone of my skin] it's weightless and feels great on my skin, light and airy like a mousse [duh!] The MM foundation has a Mango Butter base which is rich in vitamin A, C and E, which works to combat free radicals. Free radicals are found in the sun's rays and air pollution. When applied to the skin, mango butter has the ability to protect it.
Here are some of the other ways mango benefits skin:
- Promotes collagen production: Because it’s rich in vitamin C, mango butter can help encourage the production of collagen, which helps give skin its shape and strength. Adequate collagen promotes a firmer appearance on skin, reducing the look of sagging and bagging.
- Natural source of vitamin A: Vitamin A is one of the natural ingredients that encourages healthy cell production and turnover. Since mango butter is a natural source of vitamin A, it helps to stimulate the cells responsible for keeping skin firm, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and increasing skin’s overall youthful look.
- Fades scars: Stretch marks, acne scars, and other old scars become more pliable and less noticeable when exposed to all the goodies in mango butter—moisturizers, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and skin regenerators.
- Treats dry skin: Dry patches, flakiness, eczema and dermatitis flare-ups, and even psoriasis can benefit from daily application of mango butter, which goes to work deeply moisturizing and repairing damaged skin. Oh, and don’t forget your lips—mango butter works great as a lip balm.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Mango butter provides a more lasting type of moisturization, which can help prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles down the line. It also helps reduce the degeneration of skin cells, preventing that damaging process that leads to wrinkles in the first place.
- Protects from sun damage: Remember that ability to protect from radiation that we mentioned above? This is a great perk with mango butter—when you apply it to your skin you carry around an extra bit of protection from sun damage. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wear sun protection, though!
- Soothes sunburn: Yep, you can use it both before and after sun exposure, as mango butter helps soothe and heal sunburned skin.
- Calms insect bites and poison ivy: If you got bitten or were exposed to poison ivy on your last outing, reach for your mango butter. Its anti-allergy properties can help calm the itching and stinging so your skin can relax.
- Treats small wounds: If you’ve got scrapes, cracks, or other small wounds, mango butter can help them heal faster. source
8 core benefits of using Premae Mattifying Mousse FoundationThe MM Foundation works well as a base, as I said it's light so you can build up your look knowing you have good foundation [get it?] for your other products such as highlight, contour and blush. It works well with other products with no caking. I used the MM Foundation with the Premae Serum Primer which added to the flawless look I got.
- World first Mango Butter based foundation
- 2 in 1 Mattifying Mousse Creme to powder formula
- Anti-ageing, Antioxidant and Phyto Nutrient (Vegan fruit and herb ingredients)
- 15 shades from fair, olive, to very dark
- Buildable coverage: light to full
- Soft enough to sleep in!
- Lightweight, airless, breathable and pure
- The 1st healthy foundation formula – Mango Butter, Jojoba and Rose based source
I'm loving the range that Premae Skincare offer, they cater to all skin tones and due to the natural formula it is great for all skin types. They also offer a E-match service which is so cool, just send them a selfie and they match you up to one of their shades [no more guess work hoorah!] Premae ethically source ingredients and from what I can gather from their website and the ingredients listed on the packing they are non toxic, though I wish the ingredients where listed on their website I can assure you the products I have tried have all been toxin free, they are also vegan and cruelty free! find your match here