25 March 2015

The Meditation: Meditation for Hair Loss


If you follow me on Instagram or read my blog regularly you will know that I've been struggling with hair loss for quite some time. I've been having unexplained hair fall in several spots the hair eventually grows back only to fall again. I've been to trichologists and doctors and though helpful to a point nothing topical or medical seems to be combating the loss of hair and I had been told it could be stress related. This has led me to look for alternative therapies in order to combat stress and heal from the inside out. 
Stress is a constant part of our daily lives and can make an impact on our beauty. Stress can cause you to be more prone acne, early onset of wrinkles, dry skin and hair loss.

 "When you are stressed, your blood vessels constrict. Stress also makes you release all sorts of stress hormones, which can trigger your body to decide that skin circulation is not a priority and to channel blood away from the skin toward muscles and other organs in the body." - David Banks
Banks also says. Stress effects hair loss. As the blood vessels begin to constrict, it deprives hair follicles of the oxygen, minerals and vitamins it needs for healthy hair growth." Vitamins are instead directed to organs—like the heart, lungs and brain—that are needed for survival"
“Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.”-Voltaire
Meditation ultimately helps you to connect to your mind, and can help to relieve stress thus helping to reduce the outward effects of stress. Studies have shown that regular meditation can help the human body renew and repair itself. 

There are many ways to meditate, no one way is better than the other and there is no wrong way. 
Here is a basic meditation technique that you can do for 2-3 minutes everyday:

1. Sit or lie comfortably. 

2. Close your eyes.

3. Make no effort to control the breath; simply breathe naturally.

4. Focus your attention on the breath and on how the body moves with each inhalation and exhalation. Notice the movement of your body as you breathe. Observe your chest, shoulders, rib cage and belly. Make no effort to control your breath; simply focus your attention. If your mind wanders, simply return your focus back to your breath. Maintain this meditation practice for 2–3 minutes to start, and then try it for longer periods

I've been practising this technique for 8 weeks and I'm feeling the benefits, I do this in the morning before my partner and daughter wake up. It focuses and energies me for the rest of the day. I'm less frustrated during the day, I'm not a morning person but meditation has helped me take on each day with a wide awake feeling (no more zombie mum) in yet to see results from my hair loss however meditation has me feeling so good I kind of don't care as much. I've had lots of compliments on my skin I've taken to wearing less make up due to my natural glow, I've always had nice skin but apparently now it's luminous.  I'll be adding the use of a crystal called selenite now that I have got to grips with this basic form of meditation, Selenite aids meditation, the powerful crystal bring clarity of mind learn more about meditating with crystals here
Image: The Hood Witch

This year I've decided to take a different approach to beauty, I've always been an advocate of natural products which I do believe work wonders, however I'm more and more concerned about taking care of myself mentally and spiritually. Stay tuned for my adventures with crystal healing (which I'm sure will be entertaining) and an all round more holistic approach to this thang we call beauty blogging.

$10 OFF KURLY KLIPS

$10 OFF KURLY KLIPS
use discount code: WIGWITCH