11 March 2015

The Haul: Sheabutter Cottage


Freya and I spent time with our favourite Auntie today, The lovely Akua Wood kick ass owner of Sheabutter Cottage, we popped into her headquarters in Reading to support a local brand. Sheabutter Cottage has all you need for your skin and hair and are great for staple ingredients from mixtresses among you. I stocked up on my favourite butters and oils.


I picked up Unrefined Shea Butter, this has to be my most used product! I put it EVERYWHERE shea butter cures all beauty aliments (I swear I'm like the dad from My Big Fat Greek Wedding when it comes to shea!) I also picked up some shea oil, which is nicer in the hair then the thick butter as it spreads more evenly and doesn't leave hair looking dull. 

I stocked up on Virgin Coconut Oil, I use this in a lot of my body scrub mixes, it is great for giving your skin an awesome glow when combined with dead sea salt, brown sugar or cornmeal.

The Sheabutter Cottage is one of the only places I know that stock Haitian Black Castor Oil from source, I LOVE this stuff, it has all the benefits of Jamican Black Castor Oil without being as heavy. I use it on my edges and my scalp. 

I also made a few new discoveries, one being Organic Sapote Oil, which has been flying of the Sheabutter Cottage shelves, the oil is from the Dominican Republic and is a semi solid oil with a sweet aromoa, Sapote oil is extracted from the edible sapote fruit, Clinical tests prove that sapote oil is an effective oil to stop hair loss, promote hair growth and ideal for dermatitis. With these benefits I have to give it a try. 



Another new product is the Allanblackia African Black soap, I love black soap and quite like the squeaky clean feeling it leaves you with, however many people do not like it and it puts them off this amazing soap. Allanblackia gives the soap a lot more moisturising properties leaving skin less tight. Allanblackia Oil or butter is from the seed of the Allanblackia tree that grown in West Africa it is non greasy and non drying which make it perfect when combined with the mango butter and shea butter that makes up the black soap. 


Finally I picked up the Serwaa Clay Shampoo which I am slowing going to introduce back into my hair regimen, I love this shampoo it provides me with gentle cleansing but also with enough slip to de tangle my hair. Read my full review here 


You can visit the Sheabutter Cottage in Reading or shop online here

$10 OFF KURLY KLIPS

$10 OFF KURLY KLIPS
use discount code: WIGWITCH