Ever wonder how natural your candles are? Me neither, that was until I was contacted by UK brand IWNC company who specialise in soy candles
So what is Soy wax? Soy wax is made from hydrogenated soybean oil which is naturally biodegradable. Soy wax candles do not increase the CO2 level in the atmosphere like paraffin candles do and keep the air in your home clear of petrochemicals.
IWNC company candles are 100% natural if that doesn't sway you the soy candles also burn longer and give off a stronger aroma then regular candles. I'm a lover of scented candles, I'm not a lover of buying a pricey scented candles that smells lovely only to burn it and smell nothing!
IWNC Company also helps you with advice on burning your candle......yup there is a certain way and it actually works.
1. Allow your candle to adjust to room temperature. Just like us they work better when they are warm.
2. If the wick is long, trim the wick to 5mm before use.
3. Never burn your candle in a draft.
4. Each time you burn your candle, allow the candle to burn until the molten liquid wax pool reaches the outside of the glass. If you do this each time you blow the candle out, the wax will set level and allow an even burn right to the bottom of the glass.
5. When burning your candle for a long time, check the wick every few hours and if the wick is longer than 5mm, blow the candle out, trim it back to 5mm and relight.
6. A trimmed wick will allow your candle to deliver a pure fragrance.
7. Before lighting, always read and respect the warning label on the base of the candle.
8. Always store your candle in a cool place when not using it and never leave in direct sunlight.
9. Relax and enjoy.
I'm loving the small family vibe of this brand (all candles are made in a garden shed for heavens sake!) the quality is top notch and the natural aroma is strong (even my postie mentioned how nice my package smelt and he can be a moody sod!) there is definitely a lot to think about when you choose to live a greener lifestyle, I'm still learning and trying to do my bit.
IWNC Company candles are all hand made in small quantities, here in the UK. Scents range from basic vanilla to more adventurous melon & cucumber. prices start at £4.99 www.iwnaturalcandles.co.uk