22 October 2014

The Shampoo: Serwaa Clay Shampoo

Clay cleansing has definitely been one of the most important discoveries of my natural hair journey. Clay cleansing is an amazing way to clean your natural hair without stripping it of it's natural oils (ya'll know how much our hair loves it's natural oils!) as part of the Max Hydration Method I've been using clay rinses which I've been mixing myself, which just adds time to an already lengthy regimen. So I've been looking into ready mixed clay cleansers and I've found the perfect one by Cioccolatina from the Sheabutter Cottage.  Serwaa Clay Shampoo mixes Bentonite Clay with Shea and Cocoa Butter for a 100% natural product that cleans hair like a dream.

I've been using Serwaa Clay Shampoo since I purchased it at a local event, the shampoo leaves hair very clean but not dry. The best thing about this shampoo is that I am able to work the product into my hair and DETANGLE! yes you heard me right this shampoo has SLIP! whilst the product is on your hair you can finger detangle with ease like a co wash product. Don't get it twisted though, Serwaa Clay Shampoo is definitely not a co wash product when it is rinsed out, your hair is almost squeaky clean. If you love clean strands but  are anti shampoo this may be for you.

Prices start at £4.80 which is excellent value for an all natural, ethical and vegan product and you don't have to use very much at all. Serwaa Clay Shampoo will definitely be going in my re buy pile.

aqua, butyrospermum parkii {shea butter}, theobroma cacao {cocoa butter}, potassium cocoate {saponified coconut oil}, ricinus communis {castor oil}, hectorite {rhassoul}, argania spinosa {organic argan oil}, bentonite, althaea officinialis {marshmallow}, hibiscus sabdariffa {hibiscus}, arctium lappa {burdock}, panthenol, eclipta alba {bhringaraj}, hedychium spicatum {kapoor kachli}, veg. glycerin


use discount code: WIGWITCH