25 May 2014

The Event: Curlvolution Prt 1



It's very rare that I attend events, mainly because contrary to popular belief I'm very shy and socially awkward. and the last few events I attended where pretty much glorified photo ops with little to no substance. So it takes a lot to get my butt down to London in order to attend events. Curlvolution is in its 3rd year, and this was my first time attending and it was one of the best events I've attended in the last 6 years. Down mainly to the great vibe from the attendees and the mix of entertainment and discussion. This years event was hosted by Taren Guy, who brought us her Luv And Learn Your Hair  event to UK. I was asked to take part in a live panel discussion along with Taren, The Diaspora Diva, Felicia Leatherwood and Deborah who was representing CurlFormers. The panel was really great if not a little short but some great issue were raised, such as, blogging with integrity and the myths surrounding natural hair and those who wear their hair in it's natural state. The most important part of the event was getting to connect with followers of Natural Belle, I meet a  lot of wonderful people today, thank you for saying hello! I didn't get to take as many pictures this time round, to be fair I was too busy enjoy the good vibes and afro beats! but here are a few of the amazing naturalistas I snapped.












If you appear in any of these pictures please tag yourself in the comments + stay tuned for part 2 where I will highlight some of the great vendor at Curlvolution.


$10 OFF KURLY KLIPS

$10 OFF KURLY KLIPS
use discount code: WIGWITCH