I'm Obsessed with the Maasai inspired Melody Ehsani necklaces Beyonce wore for Flaunt Magazine. So much so I decided to try my hand at making one from Bungee cords so here goes......
I picked up these Bungee Cords or Luggage Straps from Clas Ohlson I used the 75cm length
N E E D E D
5 Bungee Cords
D I R E C T I O N S
- Cut off the clips from the bungee cords (you can keep them for future projects)
- Set out how you would like your necklace to look before glueing, as it is harder to change once you start sticking things together
- once you have decided on the shape and length of your necklace use your glue gun to glue the ends of the bungee cords to one another (this doesn't have to be too neat as you will cover the ends later)
- once your glue is dry square off the ends of your necklace
- using a strong ribbon, wrap around the end to hide your glue and roughly cut edges
- once you have covered the ends of the necklace use a strong string or leather cord attach to the inside of your necklace with glue
- To add extra strength to your necklace wrap with a contrasting ribbon this will also cover were you have glued the leather cord
- now for the fun part! embellish your necklace, I used colourful thread, but you can use studs, gems or beads to make your necklace stand out
- Use your glue gun to stick your embellishments to your necklace
- For a more Beyonce esque necklace wear two and mix in other necklaces for a bolder look
You can be as creative as you like with this project, I've gone for a simple take, as I love the original pattern of the bungees. The total cost of this necklace was £7.50!