Thought I'd try my hand at some DIY and decided to make some headbands for Freya these are my first two attempts. I was Inspired by My Fair Lady and the monochrome hats worn by Audrey Hepburn. I used odds and ends I found around the house and things I brought from John Lewis. My glue gun is from Clas Ohlson (£9.99)
Needle and thread
Variety of Ribbons
Gems or diamanté (you can use an old earring or accessories)
Petals from fake flowers
- Measure your babies head with your elastic
- stitch the ends together, this can be done roughly.
- cut a small fragment of ribbon, wrap neatly around your rough stitch neatly sew or glue to cover. (see below)
- to make your decoration you can be as creative as you want. there is no specific way to assemble your flower. Just have fun with it!
- I used a variety of techniques using ribbon. To make the bow take two different types of ribbon make circle fasten with a glue gun then flatten. With the other ribbon wrap around the middle and fasten at the back with the glue gun.
- to make the ornate bow, I cut 4 lengths of ribbon (make a small or as big as you like) glue the edges of each length together making four hoops then glue the base of the hoops together
- take apart some fake flowers (you can pick some up from the 99p store) and glue your bow and gems to the flower
- Use a glue gun to fasten your flower to the elastic, use a piece of ribbon or felt to back your flower so that it doesn't irritate your babies delicate head (see below)