11 January 2012

Solange Interview for Vogue.it


Solange Knowles chatted to Lyna Ahanda (friend of natural belle!) for Vogue.it, she spilled the beans on her style, her beauty regimen and the fashion industry......

What is your opinion about the black representation in the fashion industry?
"I think it is evolving, and that is a beautiful thing! Now when I flip trough magazines I can see just as many beautiful black models in major campaigns as any other race. Unique, striking,beautiful women. I felt so extremely blessed to be Rimmel's first black spokesperson, and to be embraced fully for being exactly who I am. And standing next to Kate Moss, with my Afro bigger than days light. I don't by any means consider myself the most qualified for model material. I think that people tend to respond to what is real. Black women carry that flame with so much ease and confidence. It is being captured and celebrated on all fronts in fashion now. I have friends who are doing greats things, that movement is very real and well deserved!"




On her Make regimen "YSL concealer, Rimmel mascara, Rimmel pencil eyeliner, bright lips..." 


On her favourite designers "Marni, DVF, Acne, Opening Ceremony, J.Crew, Boxing Kitten"




Read the full interview here


$10 OFF KURLY KLIPS

$10 OFF KURLY KLIPS
use discount code: WIGWITCH