24 August 2011

Conditioning Shampoo? Lush Curly Wurly Shampoo Review

I'm pretty much anti shampoo, it's like one of those products that I need to buy but don't really want to like tampons! I'm a co wash kind of girl, so when I do shampoo I'm always on the look out for what companies claim to be moisturizing/conditioning shampoo's
good ones are hard to come by, shampoo is for cleansing the hair, and ridding it of excess oils, great for our Caucasian cousins not so good for us natural lovelies who need all those oils excess or other.
So a few weeks ago I popped into my local Lush store, which is always a pleasure (free samples anyone?)
I picked up Curly Wurly Conditioning Shampoo (£9.95) it contains coconut, Lemon juice, papaya and coco butter.
I didn't realize until I was about to put the shampoo in my hair that it contained sizable flakes of coconut which was a bit of a nightmare to get out, however my trusty tangle teezer got most of it out.
Curly Wurly looks more like a face mask or foot scrub than a shampoo, it's thick and looks quite solid, but when it is emulsified it, foams up and moves easily through the hair.
To condition my hair I used Kera Care which is one of my lighter conditioners so that I could see how Curly Wurly fared on the moisture front.
As shampoos go Curly Wurly left my hair very soft and quite fluffy my hair felt like cotton wool and would not behave itself until I put in a leave in, however my hair was clean and not as dry as it usually is when I shampoo. The smell of this product is amazing! I LOVE IT! I would use it again just because of that.

Whats in it?
Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Desiccated Coconut (Cocos nucifera), Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Glyceryl Stearate & PEG 100 Stearate, Perfume, Linseed Infusion (Linum usitatissimum), Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Alkanet Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), Lanolin, Cetrimonium Bromide, *Coumarin * Occurs naturally in essential oils Vegetarian


use discount code: WIGWITCH