6 April 2011

Shopping with Belle: A dress fit for Esperanza

With this random change of weather, and my latest fashion mood I knew it would be a tough one trying to find a dress to wear, to see Esperanza Spalding play in london.
I knew what i didn't want, nothing tight, nothing maxi or medi or to trend driven.
I'm not really into getting dressed up when you are actually suppose to, I tend to go in the opposite direction (remeber the staff christmas party, everyone wore a little black dress and sky scraper heels... I wore an oversized white shirt and a bow tie.....) when it comes to getting dolled up I like to reference the 50's and 60's, so i went out today on a mission to find the perfect little shift dress that would look good with flat shoes as I'm really not great with heels! (so I'm thinking a Mary Quant style mini dress)
the first (and low and behold the last) stop was river island, the best place  for a killer dress, however i wasn't looking for river islands usual body con, one shoulder, sparkly number. 
hidden deep in the sale section I found three perfect little mini dresses

the white mini dress was made of jersey and had a lovely daisy applique detail around the neck, however it was very sheer and made my boobs look massive!
i also tried a navy blue peter pan collor mini dress, which was very 'alexa'
but the winner had to be the 60's inspired bell sleeved mini with lace trim, it went perfectly with my diamanté and bow sandals!
20 minutes and I was done!, call it luck or great planning who care's! I love this dress!
look out for this outfit of the day soon 

dress from river island

sandals from primark

Alexa Chung

Mary Quant

*US followers you can purchase river island at ASOS 


use discount code: WIGWITCH