25 March 2011

The Letter: From my friend Kumi


My name is Kumi Hombo, I was born in Sendai, Japan, 31 years ago. On the 11th of March 2011,
the city of Sendai and the North East Cost of Japan was completely destroyed by the Earthquake
and Tsunami. I am living in London, but all my family members are still in Japan, and I thank God
everyday they where not taken away from me in the disaster.

However thousands of others cannot say the same, many, many Japanese around the world
and in Japan are mourning the loss of family members, friends, neighbours and work colleagues.
Homes have been destroyed, lives lost and broken. Everything from businesses, schools,
medication, accommodation and food, all you can imagine has disappeared in the space of a day!

Until last Friday I’m sure that in many ways, life in Sendai was very much like life in London. We got
up, had breakfast, went to work, saw friends and came home to see loved ones. All of that is not
possible now in Sendai, and we really don’t know how long it will be before we can live like that again.

On my own, it will take more than my lifetime to give enough to make a difference but with the help
of friends like you, I hope to be able to do more in a shorter time. So I ask for help on behalf of the
people of Japan.

Please consider donating whatever you can on the 10th of April, at the Hari's Salon Appeal for Japan Day.
You can be certain that your contribution will make a difference as I will guarantee that your money
will be helping real people. The funds donated will go directly to the Mayor of Sendai and I will
keep you informed about exactly what your money has achieved and created from start to finish.
I would like you all to be a part of the reconstruction of Japan.
Please help!!!!!!!!
Yours sincerely
Kumi Hombo


use discount code: WIGWITCH