29 October 2010

the ethnic fashion show






the front row
I have so much to share. This evening I was fortunate enough to be invited to the ethnic fashion show an event held to showcase up and coming designers from around the globe.
6 designers showcased there collections of ethnic inspired pieces.
The show was a mix of traditional fabrics and aesthetics and modern shapes and pairings.
Teodora Colic
A stand out designer for me was Bola Femi a Nigerian designer who's mix of retro silhouettes and ethnic print really stood out, the collection with it's fifties style dresses yet modern apeal worked well and I could see myself wearing the designs.
Another stand out was Teodora Colic who's hand made knitted jewellery was a statement all on there own. I loved the take on the Zulu bead but in autumnal shades of brown, red and navy. The knitted texture gave this line a unique twist.
The event as a whole was executed very well it started pretty promptly and kept to schedule. Everyone looked amazing so many great faces and stylish people I could barely keep my eyes on the show for want of ogling the front row.
Bianou
doubleD
I didn't get a chance to mingle as much as I would have liked but I meet Harlem and some great designers such as doubleD a Jewellery making duo named Daryl and Doris who unique line had me salivating I got rather attached to a certain winged necklace such an adorable pair!
Also designer bibish with the line bianou a collection of mouth watering  necklaces. The whole night was great and i'm grateful I got to attend. thank you so much to all those involved and to Horiya Farah for the invite.









$10 OFF KURLY KLIPS

$10 OFF KURLY KLIPS
use discount code: WIGWITCH