25 February 2009
all you need is
1x silk scarf
1x t-shirt or bulky scarf ( is you don't have alot of hair)
3x large strips of fabric (or as many as you need.
i tied my head with the silk to protect it from the cotton of my wrap as the cotton drys out the hair.
the i wrapped my head in a bulky scarf into a bun on the back of my head
finally i wrap the finale large strips of fabric around my head and bun and work it into a shape i like......and that is that really!!
there are many how to's on you tube if you need something more visual but hope that helps a little
24 February 2009
it's is normal to shed hair everyday. A survey shows we lose 100-125 hair everyday generally. Hair that is shed falls out at the end of growth cycle. At any given time 10% of our hair is in what is called a “resting phase” and after 2-3 months resting, hair falls out and new hair grows in its place. Some people, however, experience more hair loss than is normal. The process worked cyclically.
A healthy diet is a necessary element for the growth of hair and some cases it prevents the hair fall. Diet that contains whole foods, particularly the potatoes, cucumbers, green and red peppers, and sprouts can helpful for hair growth because they are rich in the mineral silica. Following are some of the causes of hair fall:
1. In some cases fungal infections and bacterial infections are strong causes of hair fall. If you are facing this type of problem it will better for you to consult a doctor.
2. Hereditary problem can also be a cause of hair fall. Some people have hereditary problem of baldness. This may be termed male pattern baldness, leading to hair loss with a receding hairline, thinning hair and baldness at the top of the scalp.
3. Hormonal changes in a body as pregnancy, medication, thyroid problem can cause frequent hair fall. Normally if the hormonal balance is restored, hair loss can be checked to some extent.If the problems are there, solutions are also there. Following are some diet tips for growth of healthy hair.
• Sulphur is a mineral present in every cell in the human body, with its greatest concentration in hair, skin and nails. It has often being called beauty mineral. Sulphur is present in protein-rich foods containing high levels of the amino acids methionine and cysteine. These foods include meat, fish, legumes, nuts, eggs, and vegetables, especially onions.
• Avoid mega-dose of Vitamin A as this is responsible for the falling of hair.
• Remove the use of caffeine, smoking and carbonated sodas as it weaken the body and blocked the maximum hair growing potential.
• Eat a healthy diet. Avoid eating food that is rich in sugar and fats.
• Exercise, do yoga, meditate or find some other practice that will help to reduce your anxiety and stress levels
so i've been browsing youtube (again) and i have come across glycerin for adding moisture to natural hair, so i thought i'd give it a try as the shea butter was such a hit!
Glycerin is a neutral, sweet-tasting, colorless, thick liquid which freezes to a gummy paste and which has a high boiling point. Glycerin can be dissolved into water or alcohol, but not oils. On the other hand, many things will dissolve into glycerin easier than they do into water or alcohol. So it is a good solvent.
Glycerin is also highly "hygroscopic" which means that it absorbs water from the air. Example: if you left a bottle of pure glycerin exposed to air in your kitchen, it would take moisture from the air and eventually, it would become 80 per glycerin and 20 percent water.
i mixed 75% water and 25% pure glycerin which i got from my local hair store and i also added a few drops of aveda essential oil in vanilla.
and it feels pretty good though it feel funny on my fingers like kind of waxy?!!? but my hair feels really soft its great for a light daily moisturizer.
23 February 2009
21 February 2009
20 February 2009
i've notced that as my hair is growing which is great! it's also getting thin not so great!
i'm getting frustrated with my hair if does well in one area it lacks in another.......
oh well, i shall sleep on it i guess.
i'm to depressed to post so i shall leave it open for disussion